Iversky Svyatoozersky Virgin Monastery

Holy Mother of God save us!

 

Iversky Svyatoozersky Virgin Monastery

Iver icon Even before the accession to the patriarchal throne, His Holiness Patriarch Nikon has expressed his desire to build a monastery at the Valdai Lake, in 1656 at the opening of the Stone Iverskogo (Assumption) Cathedral was brought to Our Lady of Iver. In 1927 the monastery was closed.

In June 1991, with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia, the efforts of Reverend Leon Archbishop of Novgorod and Staraya Russa and with the assistance of the USSR Supreme Soviet deputy Valery Ivanovich Trofimov and resident of the town of Valdai Panteley Nikolaevich Prokhorov Iversky Virgin Svyatoozersky monastery was handed over to Russian Orthodox Church and moved to the disposal of the Novgorod diocese.

Since 1995, the monastery began monastic profession.

In January 2008, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia, celebrated the Divine Liturgy in the Cathedral church of the monastery and made a prayer service, attended by Russian President VV Putin. September 19, 2009 our Iberian monastery was visited by His Holiness Patriarch Cyril Moscow and All Russia. Now the governor of the monastery, for ten years, is Archimandrite Ephrem (Barbinyagra).
Архитектура монастырей России Сайт Валдайского Иверского Святоозерского Богородицкого мужского монастыря